Want a career helping everyone from the occasional jogger to elite professional athlete recover from injury and get back to peak performance?
Well, whether you want employment in the NHS, with professional sports clubs or as a consultant, we’ll help ensure you develop all the knowledge and skills you need to become a fully trained British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRat) sports rehabilitator.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Our course is designed so you gain high-quality profession-specific training to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat sports and physical activity-related injuries.
And, with academic theory backed up with hands-on practice in our multi-million pound sports complex, rehabilitation gyms and dedicated sports laboratories, we’ll teach you all you need to secure employment in this dynamic profession.
- We have good industry links with professional sports clubs
- Our contacts and partnerships give you great placement and job prospects
- Great tutor support and we get to know you because our seminar sizes are small
- 400 hours of placement in sports clubs, hospitals and clinics for BASRat accreditation
- Taught by tutors with a wealth of experience in professional sport and sport rehabilitation
- Tutors are involved in international research, which keeps your learning up-to-date
- Partnerships with local leisure centres gives you access to even more sports facilities and rehabilitation experiences
- More than 20 years excelling in sport-related degrees
- Develop confident rehabilitation skills to a standard expected by employers
- Gain additional professional opportunities, including: Kinesiology Tape and gym instruction
You’ll be living in a vibrant student city by the spectacular north west coastline. And, within an hour of the Lake District National Park and the big cities of Manchester and Liverpool. So, whether you want lively or leisurely, you’re within reach of both.
On our course, you’ll learn to work collaboratively with other healthcare and sport-related professionals, just as you would in a sports rehabilitation role, which will also be a great boost to your CV.
So, if you want to step into the sports healthcare as a career-ready professional, then our academic teaching enriched with hands-on experience using state-of-the-art facilities, will enable you to do just that.