If you are passionate about pursuing a career as a sports rehabilitation professional but do not have the required qualifications for direct entry then the Integrated Foundation Year offers a supportive alternative route into Higher Education.
On this four year degree, you’ll learn to prevent, examine and treat sports-related injuries whilst developing the skills to become an independent learner and practitioner. You’ll undertake a minimum of 400 hours of work experience, with opportunities including supporting runners taking part in the Brathay 10 marathons in 10 days event and our sports injury clinics.
You’ll receive knowledge and insight from industry-sourced professionals and have access to facilities including our rehabilitation clinic, strength and conditioning room and biomechanics and physiology laboratories. You can also pursue your interests with our support. Industry links, including top-flight football teams, will help fast track your job hunt.
On this course you will...
- Develop your knowledge and build a solid foundation of the core skills needed to progress onto the full degree programme.
- Develop hands-on techniques, learning skills such as sports massage, musculoskeletal injury assessment, and joint mobilisations and manipulations.
- Become creative in your ability to devise and implement functional and sport-specific exercise rehabilitation to restore athletes, from recreational up to elite levels of performance.
- Put theory into practice by completing placements early on in your studies. Past students have worked with professional sports teams, sports rehabilitation clinics, fitness centres, and the NHS.
- Complete a range of courses and qualifications to enhance your CV, including Rocktape, Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport, and a CIMSPA endorsed Strength & Conditioning Trainer qualification.
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.