You’ll learn to prevent, examine and treat sports-related injuries whilst developing the skills to become an independent learner and practitioner. You’ll undertake a minimum of 400 hours of work experience, with opportunities including supporting runners taking part in the Brathay 10 marathons in 10 days event and our sports injury clinics.
You’ll receive knowledge and insight from industry-sourced professionals and have access to facilities including our rehabilitation clinic, strength and conditioning room and biomechanics and physiology laboratories. You can also pursue your interests with our support. Industry links, including top-flight football teams, will help fast track your job hunt.
This course enables eligibility for BASRaT membership as a Graduate Sport Rehabilitator. This will open up NHS options via the Professional Standards Authority. You'll also gain an integrated CIMSPA endorsed Strength & Conditioning Trainer qualification.
On this course you will...
- Help people recover from sport and physical activity-related injuries and conditions. You will positively contribute to sporting performance and public health.
- Develop hands-on techniques, learning skills such as sports massage, musculoskeletal injury assessment, and joint mobilisations and manipulations.
- Become creative in your ability to devise and implement functional and sport-specific exercise rehabilitation to restore athletes, from recreational up to elite levels of performance.
- Put theory into practice by completing placements early on in your studies. Past students have worked with professional sports teams, sports rehabilitation clinics, fitness centres, and the NHS.
- Complete a range of courses and qualifications to enhance your CV, including Rocktape, Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport, and a CIMSPA endorsed Strength & Conditioning Trainer qualification.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.