Designed for professionals who are not currently working in a project management-based role, this two-day course introduces the fundamental concepts of project management, building the understanding and skills to allow participants to apply the tools for managing successful projects to their everyday work environments.
A highly interactive course, participants will learn about the key activities across the project life cycle, working in groups to explore a project management case study and put their learning into practice.
On this course you will...
- Describe how a project is set up and managed.
- Explain how to start up a project.
- Define the key steps of planning a project.
- State the key actions in implementing and controlling project activities.
- Recognise the actions necessary to finish off a project.
- Discuss the importance of stakeholder management and collaborative teamwork.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.