Participants will explore the activities, interfaces and challenges involved in setting and managing a programme-aligned project scope. Utilising a range of case studies and collaborative exercises, participants will look at the processes for defining, delivering and embedding the project scope, and the critical role of scope management in leading to project and programme success.
Available online or in-person, this course is relevant to all individuals working in a project or programme setting and may be especially helpful for those who are new to the project profession.
On this course you will...
- Describe the interconnected nature of the programme/project relationship in collecting requirements, defining and managing scope.
- Explain how the nature of managing scope changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- List programme and project accountabilities/ responsibilities for managing scope and benefit realisation.
- Explain who is involved and the importance of team-working between disciplines, in creating a viable scope baseline.
- Outline how the disciplines fit together to deliver the project to and manage change of, its scope baseline.
- Explain the benefits of investing time in setting the baseline correctly to be able to deliver against it.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.