See yourself as a qualified NMC registered nurse, confidently working across a wide range of settings? We’ll kick-start your career and help you get there.
We’ve designed this course with your modern nursing career in mind, so not only is 50% of your degree spent on clinical placements, but you’ll frequently put your academic knowledge into practice using our mock wards and clinical simulation facilities.
Your employability will be boosted further because you’ll experience both city and rural healthcare systems, plus gain opportunities to develop as a nurse who can manage and influence changes in nursing and healthcare.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
- Eligible to join the NMC Register to practice as a qualified adult nurse after graduating
- We'll cover the cost of your Uniform, DBS check** and occupational health check
- We pay travel costs for placements of up to £300 each year
- 100% of our students who want a job after graduation have sucesfully stepped into employment
- Networking and employment prospects thanks to our links with NHS Trusts and care providers
- Taught and supported closely by experienced academic tutors, who carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise
- Opportunity to undertake your own research or alongside academic tutors
- Experience the clinical journey from a patient’s perspective – boosting your care quality skills
- Encouraged to take part in health campaigns that can lead to implementing change in healthcare provision
- Develop leadership skills through managing patient care to that of a team in preparation for your staff nurse role
- Develop a broad understanding of other nursing fields - since we’re one of only a few UK universities offering child, adult, learning disability and mental health nursing
- Former students have won prestigious national awards for their work in nursing
Our primary goal is to see you become an excellent adult nurse, who has a sound and current knowledge of issues and conditions affecting patients across a wide range of practice settings.
You’ll be supported closely throughout your degree so that you step into a role as an adult nurse who can confidently make a difference to other peoples’ lives when it matters.
From 2017 the government will cease to provide bursaries for undergraduate NHS courses. Students will have access to the standard student support package of tuition fee loans and support for living costs, rather than getting an NHS grant. This information is based on the understanding provided by The Council of Deans for Health and may be subject to change as further details are released by the government.
Special offers for 2017
If you enrol onto an undergraduate NHS programme in 2017, we’ll cover the costs of your:
- DBS check**
- Occupational Health check
- Travel costs for placements of up to £300 each year
This is in addition to any government support agreed.
**Paid on successful enrolment onto course
If you accept your place by 31 July 2017, we can offer you a guaranteed place in University of Cumbria owned or partnered accommodation.