You will spend your time divided between practice-based placements and academic learning. Working alongside highly experienced professionals, you will develop your skills and confidence in supporting people with mental health conditions.
Placements will be across the sector including inpatient, community, private and voluntary- sector provision. In your second year, you will have the opportunity to arrange an enrichment placement that could involve national or international work.
Our tutors have extensive professional expertise that they will share with you to help develop your knowledge and understanding of mental health practice. You will develop your independent thinking and problem-solving skills. Your learning will include the use of clinical labs, mock hospital wards, guest speakers, workshops and role-play. All of which will be supported by a wide variety of online learning opportunities, via our innovative virtual learning environment.
On this course you will...
- Work alongside individuals experiencing mental illness, long-term conditions, and significant psychological wellbeing concerns, providing time and support to help them recover.
- Use high-quality simulation facilities alongside your practice experience and academic lectures.
- Undertake placements in a wide variety of settings, covering Child, Adult and Older Persons Nursing, within both inner-city and rural locations.
- Learn from experienced practitioners with clinical experience in a wide range of clinical backgrounds and academic interests.
- Achieve a professional qualification alongside a varied experience of practice areas with which you can consider your future career options.
International student? More info
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.