You’ll spend 50% of your time in practice, working with highly skilled professionals you will support birthing parents and their families to access health care to boost your skills and confidence.
You will experience midwifery care in all settings, working with continuity of care teams, on consultant-led units, birth centres and within the community. Alongside this, you will experience bespoke placements in neonatal units, theatres, and medical and surgical wards. Elective placement weeks are built into each year of the programme where you can take the opportunity to experience midwifery practise elsewhere in the country and/or abroad. The placements aim to ensure you experience all care settings.
Theory is delivered by expert teaching staff and is based on the latest evidence and research, using modern teaching methods and technology.
On this course you will...
- Boost your academic and clinical skills with practical sessions in our state-of-the-art clinical simulation facilities.
- Be closely supported by passionate lecturers who bring invaluable experience to teaching and provide excellent pastoral support.
- Benefit from exciting, diverse placements providing you with experience of a variety of healthcare systems across inner-city and rural areas, widening your midwifery experience and learning.
- Apply midwifery theory to real-life midwifery care in practise, so that you are confident and competent in supporting birthing parents and their families through pregnancy, birth and postnatal period.
- Complete the course eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). You'll be recognised as a safe and competent midwife ready for employment.
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.