Want a rewarding career transforming the lives of people with mental health problems? You’ll gain all the knowledge and practical skills you need with this course to become a qualified Nursing and Midwifery Council registered mental health nurse.
You’ll spend 50% of your time on clinical placements in hospital and community settings in both city and rural healthcare systems. So, you can graduate knowing how to care for people going through distressing changes in their psychological wellbeing.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’re one of only a few UK universities offering child, adult, learning disability and mental health nursing, so you’ll gain a great understanding of other nursing fields to bolster your nursing potential.
And, by following the journey through the healthcare system from patients’ perspectives, you’ll develop as a career-ready nurse who can make positive changes to mental health care.
- 100% of students have secured a job after graduating
- We'll cover the cost of your Uniform, DBS check** and occupational health check
- Networking and employment prospects due to our close links with NHS Trusts and care providers
- Taught and supported closely by academic tutors who are mental health nurses with a wealth of experience
- Tutors are actively involved in national and international research in their field
- Opportunity to undertake your own research or take part in that being carried out by academic tutors
- Experience a journey through healthcare from a patient’s perspective – boosting your skills in empathy and compassion
- Encouraged to take part in health campaigns that can lead to implementing change in healthcare provision
- Our students have coordinated conferences – such as dementia awareness and suicide prevention - which have become regular events for our all of our students
- Eligible to join the Nursing and Midwifery Council register to practice as a qualified mental health nurse.
- An enrichment placement –giving you the opportunity to go overseas
With 1 in 4 of the UK population experiencing psychological problems at some point in their life, the need for mental health nurses is increasing.
So, study on our practical-centred course and step confidently into a rewarding career.
**Paid on successful enrolment onto course